A few years when I was broke and couldn’t afford a birthday gift for my sister, I took to writing to ‘settle my debts’. Going through the archives I came across this and couldn’t help but giggle a few times.
- You are one sexy lady– Need I say I envy your flat tummy?
- You are so silly– calling me about Prophet One & the recent Tyra Banks show is not exactly smart, I must say.
- You are one hell of a smart girl– You come up with the most ‘interesting’ ways to hide stuff from Dad after our shopping sprees… Update: I have stopped hiding stuff. You are on your own!
- You are very funny– You supposedly do not like African movies movies but you know all of Agya Koo’s lines.
- You steal my clothes and I never find out, but hey that is to my credit: you wear your COOL big sister’s clothes…lol Update: These days I am alerted before they appear on Facebook or Instagram. 😏
- You make me proud all the time– I should say that more often, I agree.
- You are proud of me!- I know you will never give up on me.
- You always know what to say when I am mad at you.
- I love watching football with you, and hey before I forget, we will come back!! Afterall we never walk alone! Update: Liverpool, It’s been 4 years! We are getting there, thanks to The Normal one, Yipee! Did you see us in the League Cup yesterday? lol
- Watching anything on TV with you is so much fun– even ‘Moments on the red carpet’ waiting all day for the Oscars.
- You laugh even if the joke is not funny– and never fail to rub it in that you only laughed- and it was not because the joke was funny.
- I love your LOVE FOR GOD
- You respect my decisions and are always behind me 100%, you are my biggest fan!
- You respect my opinions, at least you pretend you are going to do what I suggest.
- Your confidence– When things are really bad you always have a good reason why we shoud still believe.
- You are as helpful as the most expensive ‘shrink’ but I never have to pay you. Update: Ermmmm I do pay is many other ways, smh.
- You have seen me at my worst and you still love me.
- You always get the joke: when I blink at you when Mum & Dad are going on and on about Big Brother Africa or Bachelor(ette).
- You spend ‘all’ your money getting cards to call me- at least thats what you claim.
- You have the best memory, reminding me about money I never remember promising to give…take this memory to O&G and you are a genius Update: You did use your good memory and made me proud.
- You trust me and make me feel like some wise big sister. (which I am 😂😂)
- How much you have taught me about myself and life in general- You always inspire me.
- I got stuck with you as a sister! 😝😜
2 years later, I updated
24. You are such an intelligent and committed professional. I have my personal MD and intend to make good use of all the ‘FREE’ services; but more importantly I am being spared the numerous calls & relentless queries from family members on their plenty health issuses. They prefer to speak to the doctor! whatever…lol lol Update: You never fail to reming me of the different types of Drs. Smh
25. I love the mature, confident & focussed woman you are growing (have grown) up into.